College Secretary's Office
Mr. Clement Afriyie Oppong
The College Secretary
Mr. Clement Afriyie Oppong is the first to be appointed acting College Secretary of the College. He holds MPhil Educational Administration and Management from UEW, PGD in Organization Development from University of Cape Coast (UCC) and BSc. Administration from University of Ghana, Legon.
Mr Oppong is the Chief Administrative officer of the College and is answerable to the Principal of the College in the discharge of his administrative duties. He is the Secretary to the College Council, all Committees of the College Council and all Statutory Committees of the College.
The College Secretary’s Office is headed by the Secretary, who is the College’s Chief Administrative Officer and Secretary to the Council of the College. The Secretary’s Offices is responsible, under the Principal, for the day-to -day administration and management of the College. To achieve this, the Secretary works in concert with and collaborates with other Offices of the College’s Central Administration and Services.
The Secretary is also assisted by a crop of Administrators and Professionals made up of Deputy Secretary and Assistant Secretary who handle the various Departments of the Office and service Committees and Boards of the College.
Functions of the Office
As the College’s Chief Administrative Officer and Secretary to the Council of the College, the Secretary performs the following functions, among others;
- Responsible for the custody of the College seal and affixing same to relevant documents of the Council and the Academic Board.
- Responsible for the custody of all legal documents of the College.
- In charge of human resource management, organization of examinations and publication of results as well as organization of all official ceremonies including matriculation, congregation and convocation.
- Serve as the Secretary to the College Council, all Committees of the College Council and all Statutory Committees of the College
- Answerable to the Principal of the College in the discharge of his administrative duties