Guidance & Counselling Unit
GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING UNIT
The Guidance and Counselling Unit is directly under the Head of the Central Administration, thus the College Secretary.It is headed by a Head Counsellor who has wide knowledge about current trends and developments, available streams and factors that influence decision making and planning.
The Guidance and Counselling Unit exist to
- give students proper guidance on how to deal with psychological problems which can badly impact their studies and career, and help them to develop certain problem-solving skills which to deal with particular issues surrounding their lives.
- advise students and staff on how to cope with different situations they tend to face in their school life.
- shape a student’s behaviour and also instil enough discipline in them. Proper guidance helps them achieve their goals, well guided & counselled students know what to do and how to do things in the best possible way.
- teach students how to live in peace and harmony with others in the school community.
- bridge the gap between students and the school administration
- give comprehensive advice on career, courses and jobs that will enable them to make a proper and informed choice and understand what they can do after they are done with school.
- help students and staff undergoing certain difficulties in their lives, to ask questions and clarify them through guiding and counselling.